Learn idioms that express emotions, whether you are annoyed, indignant, delighted bored or happy – or just wanting to say that you are in a hurry. We will look at idioms that use similar words or structures, but have different meanings and will practise how to use them in everyday speech. Join this course to speak Russian more naturally and confidently!
The aim of this course is to teach and activate in speech the most-used idioms in conversational Russian.
Idioms are the ornamentation of any language and make up a significant part of our daily speech. We use them without thinking to express feelings, or to express how we feel about a situation.
We present «Russian Idioms», a course intended for students at level A2 who wish to expand their vocabulary. By taking this course, you will not only understand conversational Russian with ease, but also use the idioms on your own, which will make your speech rich and free.
Lesson 1. Idioms that express emotions
Lesson 2. Similar words, different meanings
Lesson 3. Similar structures, different meanings
Lesson 4. More idioms that express emotion
Lesson 5. Idioms for specific purposes
Education: Kyiv Linguistic University
«I graduated from Kyiv Linguistic University and majored in English Philology.
Have 10 years experience as a private teacher of English and Russian as a foreign language.
From 2019, I have been working as a teacher at the language school NovaMova»
- 5 hours of distance learning in Adobe Connect or Zoom in a group with a teacher;
- 5 hours of distance learning on the platform Canvas - student works individually. After every lesson, complete practical exercises on this learning platform to reinforce your knowledge
- 1 hour bonus lesson: summarize material, question-answer with teacher in a group;
- class size is limited to 6;
- access to all course materials;
- certificate of completion.
- 07 Dec (2 weeks)
- 11 Jan (2 weeks)
- 25 Jan (2 weeks)
- 30 Jan (6 weeks)
- 08 Feb (2 weeks)
- Online group lessons run every Monday, Wednesday and Friday during the two-week period or every Saturday during the six-week period;
- Timing is approximately between 19.00 and 21.30 Kyiv time (two-weeks course) and between 11.00 and 13.30 Kyiv time / 18.00 and 21.30 Kyiv time (six-weeks course).