August 20, 2019
Unquestionably, when choosing which foreign language to study, the question of how you will be able to use it takes high priority. Below we list several reasons why you should choose the Russian language.
- The Russian language is the most widely spoken Slavic language. In addition to its importance in Europe, a significant number of Russian-speakers reside in Asia. Currently, the number of people who speak the Russian language exceeds 300 million. You must study the Russian language if any of these regions are in the sphere of your business interests. Having learned the Russian language, you will be able to be more effective in your work.
- Russian is the official language of the Russian Federation, the second of two state languages in Belarus, and holds official status in Kazakhstan in Kyrgyzstan as well. Russian is the working language of the Commonwealth of Independent States. If your professional duties tie you to any of the countries of the former Soviet Union, studying the Russian language is essential.
- The Russian language is used in an official capacity in many international organizations: the United Nations, UNESCO, OSCE. This attests to the international popularity and importance of the Russian language.
- In many countries all over the world, there are active organizations which work to support the life of the Russian-speaking Diaspora. For example, in the majority of Israeli schools, Russian is taught as a foreign language; in the Baltic states the Russian language is widely spoken as an everyday language; the large Russian immigrant community of Argentina has not only preserved their own language and culture but also leads in many areas of Argentinean business and cultural life. Studying Russian is simply a must to better communicate with the Russian-speaking population in all corners of the globe.
- According to statistics, the Russian language occupies second place in popularity after English on the Internet. If you need to make effective use of Russian language resources on the web, learning Russian is required.
- Russia is the largest country in the world, with a complicated and interesting history. If you would like to travel to Russia, knowing how to speak the Russian language is of primary importance.
- To better explore any interest in Russian culture, history, or literature, you must know Russian. If you can read Russian, you will be able to more fully understand the traditional particularities of the Russian character and the social and psychological mentality of the Russian people. Every educated person knows the names of world-renowned Russian writers such as Pushkin, Tolstoy, Dostoyevsky, Chekhov, Bulgakov, Solzhenitsyn, but not everyone can appreciate the rich and deep language of their works, written in the great and wealthy Russian language. Having mastered Russian, you will be able to not only read the masterpieces of Russian literature in the original but even, just maybe, finally come to understand the enigmatic Russian soul.
- Russians are often portrayed as cold and unwelcoming, but nothing can be farther from the truth, especially if you know the language of the warm and inviting Russian people. Russian men and undeniably beautiful Russian women prize friendship and take great pride in their hospitality. If you learn the Russian language, you will be able to make life-long friends and experience the excellence of Russian welcome.
- Although Russian has many words used internationally, it is at the same time is fairly difficult. If you decide to study the Russian language, you are without a doubt a strong and motivated human being.